The f*ggotry is out there. It’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to. This week we discuss the Matrix franchise, including the original trilogy as well as The Animatrix. We share our queerpinions on:
- Themes of individual choice, determinism, and savior figures
- Neo as an audience surrogate character
- Neo as the least interesting figure in the entire cast
- The resounding theme of hope throughout
- An unsatisfying romance and a galaxy brain explanation for it
- Unneeded lore dumps and metaphors going awry
Content warning: We’re a fairly NSFW podcast that includes use of reclaimed homophobic slurs. Our discussion this episode contains spoilers for the Matrix trilogy, The Animatrix, and Avengers: Endgame (we only talk about the MCU briefly, we promise).