Way back in episode five we shared our first impressions of two stellar manga about queer people navigating their identities, feelings, and places in the world. Now that both series have ended we’re back to discuss them in full with spoilers, heavy feelings, and all. We share our queerpinions on:
- That Blue Sky Feeling Vol. 3
- Hide and how his problematic conduct is handled
- Descriptions of fat bodies as being desirable
- Our Dreams at Dusk: Shimanami Tasogare Vol. 2-4
- Overbearing faux-acceptance from straight cis people
- Someone-san’s character arc and unique role in the manga
You can find all our episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Podcast Addict.
Spoiler and content warning: Our discussion spoils the hell out of both manga in question. Additionally, the manga (and by extension our commentary) cover homophobic and transphobic violence including slurs, obnoxious allies, death and visitation rights, and more.