It’s our first ever Patreon episode! The topic is Atlus games, most specifically Catherine: Full Body. We talk about some, shall we say, complicated trans representation, as well as the game (and the company’s) handling of gender and queerness in general. We share our queerpinions on:
- Catherine: Full Body
- Its gameplay mechanics and puzzle modes
- The bar setting as a great encapsulation of Vincent’s daily life
- The succubus vs. true love framing of Catherine and Katherine
- Othering via extraterrestrial elements
- Fumbling of queer narratives in the Persona series
You can also find the episode on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Podcast Addict!
Content warning: We’re a fairly NSFW podcast that includes use of reclaimed homophobic slurs. Our discussion for this episode is full of spoilers for Catherine: Full Body, as well as for some parts of Persona 4. Content-wise, be warned that the games (and thus our topics discussed) include transphobia, homophobia, trans panic, and transmisogynistic violence.