It’s our last regular episode of 2019 and we’re using it to discuss the indisputable best film of the year: Promare! F*** your Avengers: Endgame, we endorse the sci-fi f****ts. We share our queerpinions on:
- The romance between the leather twink and the patron saint of himbos
- The soundtrack and how it slaps
- How Promare throws subtlety out the window (and that’s a good thing)
- Where the queer metaphor works and where it doesn’t
- Unabashedly queer imagery and rage
- Pete Buttigieg and other evil homosexuals who make the world a worse place
You can also find this episode on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Podcast Addict.
Spoiler and content warning: We spoil virtually everything about the movie. If there’s any chance at all that you want to see the film, we would recommend you do so before listening to us dissect it queer frame by queer frame. Besides that, this is perhaps our most NSFW episode ever. Besides the usual reclaimed homophobic slurs there is some very graphic sex talk. Additionally, we (and the movie) discuss homophobia, genocide, ICE, ecofascism, state violence against marginalized groups, and objectification of women.