This week we kick off our discussion of post-time-skip Naruto. It’s a heartfelt story of puppets, eye powers, and young gay men’s first loves, all filtered through a fisheye lens. We share our queerpinions on:
- Artistic trends and changes throughout the series
- Naruto’s themes of generational relationships and growth
- Special eye powers and how they morph their victims into a Gumby-like state
- Action series attempting to deny their blatant homosexual themes with proclamations about friendship
- The most heartfelt depiction of two boys holding hands in the history of fiction
Content warning: We’re a fairly NSFW podcast that includes use of reclaimed homophobic slurs. Our discussion is full of spoilers up through Naruto chapter 281.