Our countdown to Halloween continues with more discussion of Junji Ito manga. This week we kick off our deep dive into Tomie. It’s one hell of a series, and we share our queerpinions on:
- Tomie Part 2: Morita Hospital
- Tomie: Basement
- Tomie as victim, villain, and every archetype under the sun
- Junji Ito’s early artwork and changes in style over time
- Lotsa disgusting body horror
- Violence against women in Tomie, and how said violence is framed
You can also find the episode on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Podcast Addict!
Content warning: We’re a fairly NSFW podcast that includes use of reclaimed homophobic slurs. Our discussion is full of spoilers as well, so be mindful of that. Tomie is also very heavy on blood, gore, and violence against women, including sexual violence.