It’s a queer manga celebration as we discuss two recent series about young queer people just trying to find their place in the world. We share our queerpinions on:
- Yuhki Kamatani’s Our Dreams at Dusk: Shimanami Tasogare
- Kamatani’s stunning imagery
- Platonic relationships between queer people in media
- Okura and Coma Hashii’s That Blue Sky Feeling
- Nuanced representations of high school queerness
- Relatable queer narratives and characters
You can find the downloadable version of this episode here!
Content warning: We’re a fairly NSFW podcast that includes use of reclaimed homophobic slurs. Our discussion this week is fairly spoiler-heavy as usual, and covers volume one of Our Dreams at Dusk and both volumes one and two of That Blue Sky Feeling.